Monday, January 9, 2012

Baby Lesson #1 Cover the Pee Bug


I am pretty amazed at the similarities between horses and babies. After two days of watching and observing Jax, it has become pretty easy to understand what he likes and what he doesn't like.

Likes:
-Eating
-Sleeping spread eagle
-Long walks on the beach
-Moms boobie
-Sleeping on dad

Dislikes:
-Dirty diaper
-Not being able to move his arms
-Michael Bolton

Baby Lesson I learned today: I learned why everyone warned me about covering a baby boys pee bug while changing a diaper. It's a good thing Charissa likes babies and understands that I have no clue when it comes to baby related maintiance like proper water temp, wrapping them in blankets and keeping the tiny high pressure urine squirter covered during diaper changes. I managed to get the diaper off, chassy cleaned and lubed and new diaper in the proper position when all of a sudden Charissa, still half asleep, takes friendly fire to the face and shoulder. Now if I were in her position I'm not sure that I could have stayed focused and finished helping the nimrod that was the cause of ramdom streams of baby urine to hit me in the face but, she hung tough God love her.
I thought the diaper changing kit that we recieved durning one of the baby showers was more of a joke, since it contained some plastic tongs, clothes pin for your nose, goggles and a few other funny items. But after this morning I now see the practical purpose for most of the items in the kit. So all I can say now is THANK YOU to the genius that designed the Dirty Diaper Duty Survival Kit, I will be eternally grateful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment