Friday, January 13, 2012

Baby Lesson #2 Be sure the diaper is tight!

At 2:00 am this morning I found out where the phrase, sh#& happens came from, and I don't believe it was from Forrest Gump either, judging from the sound and smell that attacked my senses early this morning. I was having sweet dreams about eating suhi, relaxing in the sun and winning the Futurity, which might seem like a strange combination unless you know me, when I was snapped back into reality by a smell that I can only describe as a cross between my wifes five finger shoes on a hot summer day and a week old dead cow that has been baking in the Texas summer sun, combined with the sound of someone throwing runny oatmeal on my pillow with two hands.
Now believe me when I say I was wide awake, licky spit, sitting up to see what was happening in my perfect little world. Now Charissa being the person she is handles diaper duties as well as feeding during the night, I think in part so that I can keep up with my beauty sleep and because Jax thinks my chest is pretty useless when it comes to dispencing his meals. Jax, was having his midnight snack while resting his tiny hiny on the corner of my pillow when the explosion occured about a quarter of an inch from my ear and plenty close to my nose, I happened to catch a glimps of his tiny smerk by cell light, saying sorry sh*@ happens (We use the flashlight app. to save actually getting out of bed and having to stretch to turn on the nightstand light. Don't judge me, you just wish you thought of it first).
So thanks to Charissa and the engineers at Pampers, the diaper was tight, form fitting and leak proof. Lesson learned!

1 comment:

  1. LOL... just stumbled on your blog and was thinking these are some good thoughts (on horse training) when I came on this post... thanks for the unexpected good laugh. Made my night:)

    ReplyDelete