Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wisdom Wednesday

Wisdom Wednesday: Always ride with a game plan in mind. I believe that I teach a horse more in the warm-up/cool down than during the actual "training" session. Reason being, that if my game plan was to work on lead changes and while warming up I noticed that my horse was not moving his shoulder over, I can pretty much bet that I will have trouble getting my horse to properly change leads. I don't want to set myself or my horse up for failure so I will work on freeing up the shoulders more during the warm up and skip the lead changes for the day. Remember that a soft, supple, relaxed and willing horse will always be trainable. When you fix a problem and your horse understands QUIT! There is no rule in the horse world that states you must ride your horse at least 1 hour per day, always try work smarter not harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment