Friday, May 17, 2013

Fact Friday

Fact Friday: One of my biggest pet peeves is when horse people try to tell me that their horse can't do something, do to the fact they were trained either Western or English. All it really tells me is that their horse is not truly broke enough to do what is ask of him. A properly trained and truly broke horse will obey what is ask of him by his rider. And a properly trained rider will be able to ask and influence the horse to perform the task at hand, no matter the costume he is wearing. Good training will always be good training, period.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more!
    When I first tried to ride western style I was amazed to notice that Western riding is simply dressage in bigger saddle with a high pommel.
    No matter what style we choose, the important thing is that we use our aids properly :)
    Best regards,
    Jagoda
    (cisawyrumak.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete